Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
GIS Mission Statement
"Providing Spatial Data, Information and Innovative Solutions for the City of Emporia"
The City of Emporia's GIS Department offers many useful resources to help city departments and citizens find solutions to a range of issues. The problems we help solve involve a variety of approaches including data analysis, visual presentation, development of GIS tools, plus many others.
Some of the datasets we work to build, maintain, or update include city zoning classification, city-owned utilities, 911 address points, road centerlines, easements, as well as others.
If you would like a map made, have questions about the data we house, or have questions about what we do, contact us.
The following links are interactive maps for public use. If you have problems accessing or navigating these maps, contact us.
- City of Emporia Street Data Map - Interactive map detailing different sets of information on all public roads within the City of Emporia.
- City of Emporia Zoning Map - Public zoning information displayed in an online map. For more information contact the Emporia Planning and Zoning Department
- City of Emporia Parks and Trails Map - Interactive map of Parks and Trails in and around Emporia. For more information contact the Emporia Parks Department
- Lyon County and Emporia Survey Data Map - Benchmarks and section corner ties located within Emporia and in Lyon County.
- Beacon Interactive Map of Lyon County, Kansas - Site that hosts a number of the City's datasets in an interactive map viewer. Just follow the link and drop down boxes to Lyon County, KS
The following links related to GIS/mapping and development you may find useful.
- Emporia-Lyon County Joint Comprehensive Plan (PDF)
- Community Initiated Development Plan (PDF)
- Kansas GIS - Data Access and Support Center - Site that provides a large catalog of GIS data and helps promote and support GIS projects in the state of Kansas.
- Kansas Association of Mappers (KAM) - site allows various mapping and geographic information system professionals the opportunity to exchange ideas and experiences, address common problems and concerns, obtain advice and technical help through networking, participate in specialized training and education, and gain recognition as qualified and competent mapping and GIS professionals.
Here you will find maps, section corner ties, and subdivision plats made available to download in a PDF format. If you would like a print or variations of any of these, contact us.
Download a PDF viewer.