The City of Emporia Court Services provides supervision to adult offenders who have been placed on diversion or probation from the Emporia Municipal Court. The primary goal of Court Services is to ensure that both the needs of the Emporia Municipal Court and of the offenders placed on diversion or probation are being met in timely and professional manner. The Court Services Officer may be reached by phone at 620-343-4216.
The Community Services Officer is assigned a caseload of individuals placed on diversion or probation by a judge. Individuals who are court-ordered to be supervised by the Court Services Officer must report to the office and provide proof of compliance with all of the conditions assigned by a judge. Individuals on probation may be required to fill out and submit a Self Report Form monthly.
- Do not violate any federal laws, state laws, or city ordinances.
- Report to the Court Services Officer as directed.
- Be truthful with the Court Services Officer on all matters.
- Obtain and maintain employment unless excused by your Court Services Officer.
- Report any change of address, phone number, or employment to your Court Services Officer within 24 hours.
- Do not possess alcohol or illegal drugs.
- Do not enter or remain in any establishment that permits the sale, dispensing, or consumption of alcohol or illegal drugs.
- Submit to urine, breath, or other bodily fluid testing when requested by the Court Services Officer or any Law Enforcement Official.
- Permit the Court Services officer to visit you at your home or elsewhere.
- Permit searches of your residence or vehicles you occupy to be done by the Court Services Officer or any Law Enforcement Officer.
- If convicted of a class A or B misdemeanor, you shall report to the Lyon County Jail following the signing of this contract to be processed and released if not yet completed.
- Comply with all special conditions of probation/parole if applicable.
- Pay all costs and fees associated with this case.