I was found guilty in court and don't agree with the judge's decision.

If you do not agree with the judge's ruling, you have the right to appeal your case. Municipal Court cases are appealed to the District Court of the Fifth Judicial District. The case will be tried again before a District Court Judge and, upon request, before a jury. Immediately upon conviction, you should advise the Municipal Court Judge of your intent to appeal. An appeal bond will be noted on your paperwork.

You must file the appeal within fourteen (14) days of the Municipal Court conviction. Saturdays and Sundays are included unless the 14th day falls on Saturday, Sunday, or a Holiday.  Please contact the Court Clerk's Office for more information about filing an appeal. 

Show All Answers

1. Can I change my court date?
2. Can I get more time to pay my ticket? What happens if I am late paying my ticket?
3. How do I find out if I have a warrant and what do I do next?
4. How do I find out why someone is in jail, and how do I get them out?
5. How much do I owe on my ticket or court case?
6. How do I keep a moving violation off of my driving record? How do I get a charge amended?
7. When is my next court date?
8. How do I apply for diversion?
9. I was found guilty in court and don't agree with the judge's decision.
10. I received a subpoena to appear in court. What does that mean?
11. How can I find an attorney to represent me?
12. What if I need an attorney but can't afford one?
13. How can I get a copy of the evidence in my case?
14. Why is my license suspended?
15. Will this ticket be reported to my insurance? How many points is it?